Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mexico Mission

Hi Folks,

... I just finished my current thoughts on three related areas that are all part of a larger subject, what I'll call here the "question of 'doing' church". These were my current - by no means authorative - thoughts; and as dangerous as it is to expose one's thoughts to a wider public (making myself subject to cannon fodder) on sensative issues, I feel a need to apologize for having offended anybody's sensibilities knowing full well that "doing" church, and the issues separating Traditional, Emergent, and the House Church can be - indeed are - very sensative to many.

----------------------------

On to brighter things: when push turns to shove, theology means little if it is all talk and no walk (as the Emergence say), so - for those two don't know - in two weeks from today I will be serving in a Mexico orphanage and building homes and handing out food to the homeless.

I have been wanting to go on a short term mission for many years now, and - finally - opportunity has invited me to go!

As the days draw nearer I grow more anxious (in a good way); please pray for me, pray for the team I am going with and pray - most and above all - for changed, transformed, impacted, and revolutionized lives, hearts and souls, both theirs - the ones we mission to - and ours - the ones who are doing the missioning.

"Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me " - Jesus

Be blessed in the Lord who birthed you.
Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers